Councillor Chris Read
Councillor Read was elected on 5th May 2011 and he was elected Leader of the Council on Wednesday 4th March 2015. He is the Chair of the Rotherham Together Partnership and represents the council on the Sheffield City Region Combined Authority. He is also Vice Chair of Governors at a Rotherham Primary School.
No surgeries in August, otherwise:
- Wickersley Community Centre/Library - first Saturday of the month, 10am to 11am
- Bramley Parish Hall - second Friday of the month, 6pm to 7pm
- No surgery in June due to redecoration
- Mark Grove Community Centre - third Tuesday of every month, 9.30am to 10.30am
- Sunnyside Community Centre - fourth Monday of the month, 6pm to 7pm
Committee and meeting information
Further information on this councillor can also be accessed via the link below specifically relating to personal/prejudicial declarations at meetings, special responsibilities, committee appointments, terms of office, and appointments to outside bodies.
Community Leadership Fund
As an elected member I have a small amount of money to spend each year on groups, projects or activities that benefit the local community. I have allocated monies from the fund on the following projects:
- Wentworth Valley Area Assembly - camera to tackle anti-social behaviour
- Dalton Parish Council - additional dog waste bin
- White Ribbon Campaign - resources for a campaign against violence to women
- Rotherham Foodbank - assistance following a break-in
- An outbuilding crime prevention project on Dale Road/Green Road
- Replacement sign for Bramley scout hut
- Young People’s Conference
- Works to make safe a tree at Flanderwell Lane
- Snow-blower for Wickersley Parish Council
- Skip at Flanderwell fun day
- Help to fund a 70 seater coach trip to the seaside for families from Flanderwell
If you would like further details about applying to the Community Leadership Fund, please contact Neighbourhood Partnerships on 01709 823159 or alternatively please contact me directly.
Councillors will represent you regardless of political persuasion. This site has been provided to the councillor by Rotherham Borough Council. It has been provided subject to an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) that this councillor has agreed to. If you think that this site is not being used according to the AUP, you can tell the Council.