A guide to Elective Home Education (EHE)
- A guide to Elective Home Education (EHE)
- The legal position on Elective Home Education (You are here)
- Making sure your child receives an education
- Taking your child out of school
- Home education and special educational needs
- Working with the Council
- Ceasing Elective Home Education for your child
- Elective Home Education support
The legal position on Elective Home Education
The Council has a statutory duty under section 436A of the Education Act 1996, inserted by the Education and Inspections Act 2006, to make arrangements to enable them to establish the identities of children in the borough who are not receiving a suitable education.
Under Section 437(1) of the Education Act 1996, the Council will intervene if it appears that parents are not providing a suitable education.