A guide to Elective Home Education (EHE)
- A guide to Elective Home Education (EHE)
- The legal position on Elective Home Education
- Making sure your child receives an education (You are here)
- Taking your child out of school
- Home education and special educational needs
- Working with the Council
- Ceasing Elective Home Education for your child
- Elective Home Education support
Making sure your child receives an education
If your child is not yet of school age but you are already educating or plan to educate your child at home, please let us know so we have a record of this. You should also let us know if your family has moved to Rotherham and any of your children are home educated.
If your child is not registered at school and we don't know that you are home educating them, this might lead to you being investigated for your child being 'missing from education'.
If your child is not registered at school and you have made no other arrangements for their education, the Council can apply for a School Attendance Order. It is an offence if you do not comply with the requirements of an order.