A guide to Elective Home Education (EHE)
- A guide to Elective Home Education (EHE)
- The legal position on Elective Home Education
- Making sure your child receives an education
- Taking your child out of school
- Home education and special educational needs
- Working with the Council
- Ceasing Elective Home Education for your child
- Elective Home Education support (You are here)
Elective Home Education support
The Child Health Department for Children & Young People’s Services is available to all school age children in Rotherham, including children who are educated at home.
Careers advice and guidance is available from the Rotherham Early Help Service, who can also offer help and advice with other issues affecting children and young people.
The law around child employment is the same for home educated children. Children cannot be legally employed if they are under age 13, and children of school age must have permission from the Council to work. There are also other legal restrictions on employing children.