Impact on the Council and decision-making
The Commissioners oversee some of the functions of the Council’s executive, and take some decisions previously made by Cabinet Members.
Commissioners’ roles, responsibilities and decisions
These are set out in the individual Commissioner Working Protocols, which are available to download.
How Commissioners work with elected Members
This is set out in the Commissioner and Councillor Working Protocol, which is available to download.
Council Leader and Deputy Leader
The Council continues to have a Leader and Deputy Leader while the Commissioners are here. These are statutory roles which the Council must legally fulfil.
- Cllr Chris Read, Leader
- Cllr Gordon Watson, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Children and Young People's Services and Neighbourhood Working
- Cllr David Roche, Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care and Health
- Cllr Denise Lelliott, Cabinet Member for Jobs and the Local Economy
- Cllr Emma Hoddinott, Cabinet Member for Waste, Roads and Community Safety
- Cllr Sarah Allen - Cabinet Member for Cleaner, Greener Communities
- Cllr Dominic Beck - Cabinet Member for Housing
- Cllr Saghir Alam - Cabinet Member for Corporate Services and Finance
This remains unchanged and continues to meet. Members will continue to consider those decisions which require Full Council approval, including the annual budget-setting.
Council committees, including the Audit Committee, Planning Board, and the Standards Committee continue to meet. The Health and Wellbeing Board (which is a statutory body) will continue to meet.