Have your say on the proposed changes for Maltby Library and Maltby Joint Service Centre
- The proposals for Maltby Library and Maltby Joint Service Centre (You are here)
- Why we are reviewing the way we deliver the Service
- Have your say on Maltby Library and Maltby Joint Service Centre
- Come to an informal drop in session
- What happens next
The proposals for Maltby Library and Maltby Joint Service Centre
We have a new Library Strategy, which sets out our future plans and ensures that the Library Service continues to develop and thrive.
As part of our strategy, we are proposing to move Maltby Library into the Joint Service Centre which is located on Braithwell Road. We’re proposing to merge them, so that we can make service delivery more efficient. Customers will be able to access a wide range of services under one roof in the same way that they currently do at Aston, Dinnington, Rawmarsh and Swinton Library and Customer Service Centres.
The merger of the Library and Customer Service Centre will bring with it a combined facility creating a one-stop-shop environment to access:
- A library - including self-service technology, computers and reference facilities. Activities, events and a children’s area. A wide range of fiction and non-fiction books (including large print and spoken word)
- Customer Services - including Council Tax and Benefits enquiries, Streetpride, Council housing, Rothercard, Blue Badge parking permits, Taxi Licensing, Concessionary Travel, and self-service payment machines
We’re also proposing to change the way we deliver access to some council services, by introducing an appointment system for you to speak to our customer service advisors. This will reduce our customer waiting times and manage demand for our services more efficiently. We will ensure that some appointments are available ‘same day’.
We’re reviewing our opening hours to ensure they remain convenient for our customers. We aren't proposing to make any changes to the number of hours that services are available currently, but may amend the times that they are available, to ensure we're meeting customer requirements.