After the huge success in Sheffield the FreeBee bus service launched in Rotherham on Monday 26 October 2009. The free town centre bus runs every 12 minutes from 0800 to 1800 Monday to Saturday and is the quick and easy way to get around Rotherham
The bus leaves from Stand C3 in Rotherham Interchange then goes on to connect popular locations in Rotherham including the town centre shops and markets, St Ann's Leisure Complex and Parkgate.
Real time bus information service
- View a live departure board for Rotherham Interchange is available.
- Travel South Yorkshire provide a "real time" bus information service that tells bus users when their bus will arrive at the stop.
Timetables, journey planners and routes
- Timetables and journey planner for bus, Supertram and train services (Traveline)
- Timetables for First - bus services only
- Timetables, all services
- Journey planner, timetables and fares for Supertram only
For information by telephone on bus services, Supertram times, rail departures and travel passes, call Travel South Yorkshire's Traveline on 01709 515151.
Timetables, information and a range of prepaid tickets are also available from the Travel Information Centre situated in Rotherham Bus Station.
Bus routes can be seen on the Map Movies pages.
Current service disruptions
- Current disruptions for all services (Travel South Yorkshire)
- Current disruptions for First SY Ltd. services only
If you are wanting to travel around South Yorkshire by bus or any other local public transport, visit the Travel South Yorkshire website.
Here you will find information and advice including; Journey Planner, Your Next Bus, register for timetable updates, printable timetables, ticket finder, latest travel news and much more....
Alternatively you can call Traveline on 01709 515151 for local public transport advice and information, this service is available everyday form 07:00 to 22:00.
Bus and Supertram services in South Yorkshire are run by private companies who decide routes and what fares to charge on a commercial basis. There are various operators in the area, but the main ones are:-
- First South Yorkshire Ltd
- Stagecoach Supertram
- Stagecoach Sheffield Buses
- Stagecoach Yorkshire Buses
- National Express
Fares & tickets
Comments and complaints
To make an observation, comment or complaint about bus, local train and Supertram travel, call the Comments Line or 0114 2211333 or pick up a Customer Comments leaflet at any Travel Information Centre.
To report any problems that you see or experience involving public transport and personal safety in South Yorkshire call the SAFEline free on 0800 441122.
Last update: 27/07/2011