School admissions and appeals
Information on school admissions, transfers and appeals
The information on these pages is intended to guide you through the school admission and transfer process.
The School Admissions Team process applications:
- from parents of children who are about to move from one phase of education to the next (e.g. primary to secondary)
- from parents wishing to transfer their children from one school to another (in year transfers)
Within these pages you will find information relating to school admissions and appeals procedures together with useful information to help you when deciding which schools to apply for.
You can also view public notices currently in place relating to proposals for school amalgamations, expansions and closures.
Last update: 10/06/2013
Pages in School admissions and appeals
- You are here → School admissions and appeals
- Applying for a place in Reception or Foundation Stage 2 Class for September 2014
- Applying for a place in a Secondary School for September 2014
- Applying for a place in Year 7 of Secondary School or Foundation Stage 2 of a Primary School for September 2013
- Moving from an infant school to a junior school in September 2014
- Applying for a place in nursery or foundation stage 1
- Moving or transferring between schools
- Choosing a school
- School admissions appeals - What to do if you don't get a place in the school that you want
- Consultation on School Admissions and Co-ordinated Schemes for Primary and Secondary School Admissions
- Contact the School Admissions team