School admissions and appeals
Moving from an infant school to a junior school in September 2013
This page contains information about applying for a place for your child in a primary or junior school in Rotherham.
If your child currently attends an infant school and was born between 1 September 2005 and 31 August 2006, you must apply for a junior school place for entry in the academic year beginning September 2013 as your child will not automatically transfer to the associated junior school.
If your child already attends a primary school, you do not need to make an application for them to progress to year three.
Details of the admissions process and criteria for year two to three transfers can be found in Section 12 of the Admission to Primary School Booklet 2013/2014.
When should I apply?
- The closing date for receipt of applications was 15 January 2013. Any application received after this date will be considered as a late application.
- The option to apply on-line closed on 3 December 2012.
- It is the responsibility of parents/carers to apply for a school place and if your application is late, you are far less likely to get a place at one of your preferred schools
How do I apply?
- You should only apply via the Council if you are a Rotherham resident. If you are currently resident in another authority area please contact the local admissions team where you live.
- If your child currently attends a separate infant school you need to complete a common application form and send this to the school admissions team.
- You may also complete a common application form if your child currently attends a primary or junior and infant school and you wish to apply for a transfer to a Year three place in a separate junior school.
- If your child attends an infant school but you wish to apply for a year three place in a primary or junior and infant school from September 2013 please contact the School Admissions Team for further advice.
What will happen when I apply for a place?
- When you apply for a place in a junior school you will be asked to decide on up to three schools that you would like your child to go to.
- You will be asked to rank these schools in order of preference.
- The Council will then determine whether or not your child is eligible for admission to each school using the admissions criteria published in the Admission to Primary School Booklet 2013/14.
- Admission into Brampton the Ellis CofE Junior School is the responsibility of the school governing body and not the local authority. The authority will make the offer of a place on behalf of the governing body. You can download the admissions policies for individual voluntary aided schools here.
- Letters advising parents/carers of the outcome of their application will be posted on the offer day of 16 April 2013.
Last update: 27/03/2013
Pages in School admissions and appeals
- School admissions and appeals
- Applying for a place in reception or foundation stage 2 class for September 2013
- Applying for a place in a secondary school for September 2013
- You are here → Moving from an infant school to a junior school in September 2013
- Applying for a place in nursery or foundation stage 1
- Applications for Children currently in Year 7 or Foundation Stage 2
- Moving or transferring between schools
- Choosing a school
- School admissions appeals - What to do if you don't get a place in the school that you want
- Consultation on School Admissions and Co-ordinated Schemes for Primary and Secondary School Admissions
- Contact the School Admissions team