School admissions and appeals
Applying for a place in a Primary School for September 2014
If your child was born between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010, you should already have applied for a primary school place for entry in the academic year beginning September 2014.
You can find more information about our admissions process and criteria in our Admission to Primary School Booklet 2014/15. Any references to Primary school include Community, Controlled, Church of England and Catholic Primary Schools, Academies and Trust Schools.
Making an application or changing your preference
- The closing date for receipt of applications was 15th January 2014. If you have not yet submitted an application or you wish to change your preference(s), please contact the Admissions Team for a copy of the relevant Common Application Form as soon as possible.
- If you are applying for a Church of England or Catholic Primary School or Academy you also need to complete the appropriate Additional Information form
- All applications received up to and including 15th January 2014 will be included in the initial allocation process
- All applications received after the closing date will be considered as late applications. It is the responsibility of parents/carers to apply for a school place and if your application is late, you are far less likely to get a place at one of your preferred schools
- If you do not live in Rotherham you should contact your local Admissions Team for further advice.
What happens when I apply for a place?
- When you apply for a place in a Primary School or you are given the opportunity to name up to three schools that you would like your child to go to
- You are asked to name these schools in your order of preference
- The Admissions Authority will then determine whether or not your child is eligible for admission to each school.
- If the governing body of a voluntary aided school is responsible for admissions, they will determine who is eligible for a place and inform the Admissions Authority. You can download the admissions policies for individual voluntary aided schools
When should I expect to receive a decision?
For applications received by the closing date, letters advising parents/carers of the outcome of their application will be posted on the offer day of 16th April 2014
For applications and changes of preference received after the closing date, letters will be issued after 14th May 2014 depending on when your application was received.
Pages in School admissions and appeals
- School admissions and appeals
- Applying for a place in Reception or Foundation Stage 2 Class for September 2014
- Applying for a place in a Secondary School for September 2014
- You are here → Applying for a place in a Primary School for September 2014
- Moving from an infant school to a junior school in September 2014
- Applying for a place in nursery or foundation stage 1
- Moving or transferring between schools
- Choosing a school
- School admissions appeals - What to do if you don't get a place in the school that you want
- Consultation on School Admissions and Co-ordinated Schemes for Primary and Secondary School Admissions
- Contact the School Admissions team