To enable the refresh we need to carry out some maintenance, there will be a period of downtime from 11.00am March 11, when you will not be able to access the site, this should be less than 1 hour
School admissions and appeals
Moving from an infant school to a junior school in September 2014
This page contains information about applying for a place for your child in a junior school in Rotherham for admission in September 2014.
If your child currently attends an infant school and was born between 1 September 2006 and 31 August 2007, you must apply for a junior school place for entry in the academic year beginning September 2014 as your child will not automatically transfer to the associated Junior School.
If your child attends a primary or junior & infant school, you do not need to make an application for them to progress to year 3.
Details of the admissions process and criteria for Year 2 to 3 transfers can be found in Section 12 of the Admission to Primary School Booklet 2014/2015.
How should I apply?
- If your child attends an Infant school a common application form has been sent to you via your child's school. You should complete and return this to your child's school by 3rd December 2013. Alternatively you may wish to submit your common application form directly to the admissions team before the closing date of 15 January 2014. Please note that you should only apply via Rotherham Authority if you are a Rotherham resident.
- If you prefer you can apply online between 23 September 2013 and 3 December 2013.
- If your child currently attends a Primary or Junior and Infant School and you wish to apply for a Year 3 place in a separate Junior School from September 2014 please contact the School Admissions Team for the appropriate common application form.
- If your child attends an Infant School but you wish to apply for a year 3 place in a Primary or Junior and Infant School from September 2013 please contact the School Admissions Team for further advice.
- It is the responsibility of parents/carers to apply for a school place and if your application is late, you are far less likely to get a place at one of your preferred schools.
What will happen when I apply for a place?
- When you apply for a place in a Junior School you will be asked to decide on up to 3 schools that you would like your child to go to.
- You will be asked to rank these schools in order of preference.
- The Council will then determine whether or not your child is eligible for admission to each school using the admissions criteria published in the Admission to Primary School Booklet 2014/15.
- Admission into Brampton the Ellis CofE Junior School is the responsibility of the school governing body and not the Authority. The Authority will make the offer of a place on behalf of the Governing Body. You can download the admissions policies for individual voluntary aided schools on our website.
- Letters advising parents/carers of the outcome of their application will be posted on the offer day of 16 April 2014.
Please note that you must apply using only one of the following methods:
- You can apply using our online form from 23 September 2013 until 3 December 2013.
- You can apply using the common application form until the 3 December 2013.
Last modified: 22/01/2014
Pages in School admissions and appeals
- School admissions and appeals
- Applying for a place in Reception or Foundation Stage 2 Class for September 2014
- Applying for a place in a Secondary School for September 2014
- Applying for a place in a Primary School for September 2014
- You are here → Moving from an infant school to a junior school in September 2014
- Applying for a place in nursery or foundation stage 1
- Moving or transferring between schools
- Choosing a school
- School admissions appeals - What to do if you don't get a place in the school that you want
- Consultation on School Admissions and Co-ordinated Schemes for Primary and Secondary School Admissions
- Contact the School Admissions team