School admissions and appeals
Moving or transferring between schools
If you are resident in Rotherham and wish to transfer your child to a new school either within or outside Rotherham you can use the Common Application Form for Transfers. This form should not be used for applying to start Primary school or to transfer from Primary to Secondary School for the first time.
In response to the revised guidance contained within the Department for Education's School Admissions Code, the Rotherham Local Admissions Forum has agreed a revised Fair Access Protocol for the Rotherham area. This updated Protocol replaces all previously published versions. The relevant section of the Admission to Primary and Secondary School booklets 2014-15 containing further advice for parents on transferring during the school year and the Authority's in year fair access protocol is available to download.
If your child is moving to Rotherham
If you are moving to Rotherham from an address within England and are applying for a school place in advance of that move then you should apply via the local authority where you currently live, who will pass details of your application to the our Admissions Team.
If you are not currently resident in England and your child is moving to Rotherham then you should apply to us directly. You can do this in advance of your move.
If your child is moving within Rotherham
If you are moving within Rotherham you need to indicate your anticipated new address and the proposed date of your move. We may ask for confirmation of your new address.
If your child is moving out of Rotherham
If you are moving to another authority within England you can apply for a school place through our School Admissions Team.
If your child is not due to move address but you would like them to transfer to another school
In these circumstances you should apply for a school place through the School Admissions Team. You should not apply directly to the school or the other local authority.
You may find the following links to our neighbouring admission authorities useful:
Last modified: 06/11/2013
Pages in School admissions and appeals
- School admissions and appeals
- Applying for a place in Reception or Foundation Stage 2 Class for September 2014
- Applying for a place in a Secondary School for September 2014
- Applying for a place in Year 7 of Secondary School or Foundation Stage 2 of a Primary School for September 2013
- Moving from an infant school to a junior school in September 2014
- Applying for a place in nursery or foundation stage 1
- You are here → Moving or transferring between schools
- Choosing a school
- School admissions appeals - What to do if you don't get a place in the school that you want
- Consultation on School Admissions and Co-ordinated Schemes for Primary and Secondary School Admissions
- Contact the School Admissions team