Get help with home adaptations
- Home adaptations and equipment
- Minor Fixings
- Minor Adaptations
- Major Adaptations (You are here)
- Arranging an assessment
- How we assess your needs
- Costs of adaptations
- Loft conversions
- Internal alterations
- Modular ramped access
- Drop kerbs (vehicular)
- Concrete ramps
- Through floor lifts
- Wheel chair lifts
- Stair lifts curved/straight
- Ceiling track hoists
- Hard standings for off road parking- may include drop kerbs
- Level access shower
- Shower over bath
- Toilets - additional, raised or specialist
- Wash hand basins - additional, raised or specialist
- Combined W.C./shower unit
- Central heating
- Specialist kitchens
- Specialist baths
- Other specialist adaptations are considered on case by case basis
- are over £1000 in value.
- Require an Occupational Therapist or other authorised person to complete an OT35b recommending the adaptations required
- require a further report (OT08) if the adaptations are over £8000
- may require a financial assessment, unless you are a Council tenant.
- may require a large amount of construction work.
Further information is available in our Aids & Adaptations Policy.