Student support for higher and further education

  1. Support during Higher Education
  2. Help during Further Education (You are here)

Help during Further Education

Education Maintenance Allowance

The Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) scheme closed to new applicants on 1st January 2011. Under transitional arrangements for 2011/12, some young people may continue to receive EMA.   

16-19 Bursary Scheme

Schools, colleges and training providers have funds to help you if you're studying or starting a full-time course and think you might struggle with the costs for your studies.

For advice speak to student support services at your school or college.

Further information about the 16-19 Bursary Fund.

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Previous page Next page