Housing Benefit: reductions for students
- Housing Benefit: reductions for students
- Students from abroad
- Student nurses
- Student loans (You are here)
- Evidence we need to see
If you are a student who gets Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support, we work out your income as if you get the full amount of student loan available to you, even if you do not get it.
We do ignore:
- the first £10 a week of your loan
- a set amount for books, equipment and travel.
- NHS students
- If you get a bursary for a nursing or midwifery diploma course, you can't get a student loan so we don't have to count any loan income
If you are not on a nursing or midwifery diploma course, we count your student loan in the same way that we do for students in general.