A guide to Housing Benefit
- A guide to Housing Benefit (You are here)
- Types of accommodation eligible
- How much you will get
- How the amount you get is calculated
- How housing benefit is paid
- Claim housing benefit
- Sharing information about your claim
Housing Benefit is a national scheme administered by the Council to help people on low incomes pay their rent.
Who can claim?
- Anyone who is liable to pay rent for living in their home
- You must live in the UK
- You can claim Housing Benefit even if you are working
- You can still claim Housing Benefit even if you are not getting any other benefits