Apply for a Rothercard
- Who can apply
- Are you eligible
- How to apply (You are here)
- Discounts on Council services
- Carers or personal assistants
How to apply
You will need to bring a passport sized photo to any of our libraries or Neighbourhood Hubs, or Aston Parish Hall (Monday to Friday, 10am to 12:30pm)
In order for us to process your application we will need to see:
- a recently dated benefit letter
- your payment (rent) card or Council Tax bill showing Council Tax Reduction or Housing Benefit
- recent payslip
- bank statement
- HC2/3 certificate
- proof of child benefit for dependant child(ren)
- letter about your training placement
- letter from your school or college if you are aged 16-19 in full time education (your parents must still receive child benefit for you)
- if you are over 60 proof of pension, bus pass, driving licence or birth certificate and proof of address
- an official letter supplied by the foster carer or residential worker naming the young person in their care
- for refugees/asylum seekers a HC2/3 certificate will be accepted at any issuing point.
Rothercards must be renewed each year (every 5 years for people aged 60 and over).
If you cannot get to a library or Neighbourhood Hub because of your disability, please contact us to request a postal application from.