How to reduce your bill
- Business Rates Retail Relief Scheme
- Reoccupation relief
- New build relief (You are here)
- Rural rate relief
- Mandatory and discretionary rate relief
- Small business rates relief
- Hardship relief
- Rate relief on empty properties
- Relief for Local Newspapers
- Make an enquiry
New build relief
Properties completed after 1 October 2013 and before 30 September 2016 that remain empty will not be subject to empty rates for the first 18 months.
The relief awarded is subject to European State Aid limits, and as such the Council must be satisfied that awarding relief will not result in the business concerned exceeding the “de minimis” threshold of €200,000 over a three year period.