How to reduce your bill
- Business Rates Retail Relief Scheme
- Reoccupation relief
- New build relief
- Rural rate relief
- Mandatory and discretionary rate relief
- Small business rates relief
- Hardship relief (You are here)
- Rate relief on empty properties
- Relief for Local Newspapers
- Make an enquiry
The Council has the power to reduce or remit the amount of business rates owing where it is shown that:
- the ratepayer would sustain hardship if the authority did not do so; and
- it is reasonable for the authority to do so, having regard to the interests of persons subject to its Council Tax.
The Council will exercise this discretion only where circumstances are exceptional.