How to reduce your bill

  1. New build relief
  2. Rural rate relief
  3. Mandatory and discretionary rate relief
  4. Small business rates relief
  5. Hardship relief
  6. Rate relief on empty properties
  7. Relief for Local Newspapers
  8. Support for Pubs (You are here)
  9. Support for Small Businesses
  10. Revaluation Support Scheme
  11. Make an enquiry

Support for Pubs

Support for pubs is a national government scheme announced in the 2017 spring budget, to provide additional relief to public houses following the 2017 revaluation.

Occupied pubs with a rateable value of less than £100,000 may be eligible for up to £1,000 relief on their business rates bills for 2017/8 and 2018/9.

To qualify:

  • Property should have a rateable value of less than £100,000
  • Property should be open to the general public
  • Entry should be free to the property - other than when occasional entertainment is provided
  • Drinking should be allowed without the requirement of a meal being purchased
  • Drinks should be permitted to be purchased at the bar

The following do not qualify:

  • Restaurants
  • Cafes
  • Nightclubs
  • Hotels
  • Snack bars
  • Guesthouses
  • Boarding houses
  • Sporting venues
  • Music venues
  • Festival sites
  • Theatres
  • Museums
  • Exhibition halls
  • Cinemas
  • Concert halls
  • Casinos

Awards are subject to State Aid De Minimis limits

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Previous page Next page