Nominate someone for a women's business award
- About the Athena awards (You are here)
- Nominate someone for an Athena award
About the Athena awards
The Athena award is open to women who live, learn or work in Rotherham.
The award recognises individuals who have supported, inspired and encouraged women to become active, fulfil their potential and assume leadership roles.
As well as recognising winners of the award, many women have become Honourees in acknowledgement of their outstanding efforts.
Previous recipients of the Athena award include:
- Gillian Banks - Gillian Banks Theatre School, Maltby
- Carol Bowser - Winthrop Park, Wickersley
- Victoria Bown-Copley - Children's author
- Sue Pearce - Senior bank executive
- Janet Lister - Contract Components, Holbrook
- Jackie Freeborn - Business and Education in South Yorkshire
- Chief Inspector Caroline Rollitt - South Yorkshire Police (Firearms Support Unit)
Rotherham was the first place in the UK to launch Athena, back in 2005.
Athena has its roots in the United States, and celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2012.
The Rotherham Athena Award is officially affiliated to Athena International.