Ways you can vote
- Ways you can vote
- Voting at a polling station
- If you can't attend a polling station
- Voting by post
- Cancel a postal or proxy vote (You are here)
Cancel a postal or proxy vote
Please contact us if you have a proxy or postal vote arrangement and want to cancel this.
- The deadline to cancel a postal vote is 11 working days before polling day
- The deadline to cancel a proxy vote is 6 working days before polling day
If you miss the deadline, your postal or proxy vote will still apply. This means that you will only be able to vote that way at the next election(s).
You only need to cancel a one-off proxy vote for a specific election if you no longer need it. For example, because your plans have changed or if you want a postal vote instead. You will vote in person at future elections, unless you apply for a proxy vote or to vote by post.