Post-Special Guardianship Order Support Service
- Post-Special Guardianship Order Support Service
- What happens when you request support? (You are here)
- How can we get support?
What happens when you request support?
After a child is referred:
- A social worker will contact you to find out the needs of the child and the family
- We will make an appointment to meet with you
- The social worker will work with you to complete an assessment of need
- If appropriate, a social worker will work with you on matters identified in your assessment of need through a support plan
- This may include making an application for funding from the Adoption Support Fund
- The Adoption Support Fund enables Local Authorities to apply for funding to access specialist therapies to support adopters and their families.
- As of April 2017, the government has extended the funding provided by the Adoption Support Fund to also include support to special guardians who care for children who were previously looked after.