Check if your home meets national standards
To meet the national standard of Decent Homes, all council and housing association properties must:
- Be free from damp
- Have a kitchen less than 20 years old
- Have a bathroom less than 30 years old
- Have an efficient heating system
- Be in a reasonable state of repair
- Have double glazed windows
- Have secure external doors
If your home does not meet this standard, please contact your landlord to discuss any issues.
Register for email alerts about changes to the things that matter to you.