Archives and local history
- Archives and local history
- Online catalogue
- Archive collections
- Collecting material
- Research services (You are here)
- Where to find us
We offer a full research service if you are unable to visit us in person. This includes:
- Routine enquiries about archives and local studies services. This includes questions about opening hours, making bookings and the availability of certain sources. There is no charge for this service.
- Requests for photocopies or transcripts, for example, extracts from books, pamphlets, newspapers and journals. There is a charge for this service. The cost includes the cost of the copies, staff time and postage.
- Requests for research into original documents. There is a charge for this service and an estimate of the research charges can be given in advance. This research may include staff searching through:
- archival documents
- newspapers and journals
- subject histories
- parish registers