Further planning guidance
- Further planning guidance (You are here)
- Guidance for housing developers
Many planning applications must now include design and access statements. The only exceptions are:
- A change in the use of land or buildings (unless it also involves changes to the land or buildings)
- Engineering or mining operations
- Development of an existing house, or development within the grounds of a house for any purpose linked to the enjoyment of the house, where no part of the house or its grounds is within a conservation area
Further information is available from the Design Council.