A guide to the Core Strategy
- A guide to the Core Strategy (You are here)
- Find out about the core strategy examination
The Core Strategy forms part of Rotherham’s Local Plan and will be used to guide planning decisions and determine planning applications.
It sets out the spatial strategy for the whole Borough and identifies the broad locations for delivering new housing and employment, including provision for retail, leisure and community facilities, how much new development we need, where it should go and when it should happen. It also sets out the strategic policies and the required new infrastructure to make all this happen.
The Core Strategy was adopted by the Council on 10 September 2014. The following documents are available to download:
- Core Strategy Adopted September 2014
- Adoption Statement
- The Inspector’s final report
- Integrated Impact Assessment (including Sustainability Appraisal)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment Post Adoption Statement