- Apply for a selective licence (You are here)
- Benefits of selective licensing
- Selective licensing exemptions
- Penalties for landlords
- Full guide for landlords
- Selective licensing consultation
- Dealing with antisocial behaviour by tenants
Apply for a selective licence
When you apply, the property will be inspected to confirm the details of the application and check for any urgent repairs.
Inspections will continue to happen to ensure that the agreement is being met.
Landlords need to submit annual declarations and Gas Safety certificates to the Council.
If a landlord has more than one property in the selected areas, they need a licence for each property that they let.
Licences would run for up to five years, with a maximum fee of £605 per property. You can pay:
- Up front with the application or online (£13 discount)
- By instalments over 12 months (over two years for landlords with ten or more properties to licence at one time)
Landlords do not need an initial inspection if they are accredited:
- Through a national scheme or local Council; and
- Have a recent Housing Health and Safety Rating System inspection
They will receive a licence fee discount of up to £100.
Please note, a processing fee of 1.75 percent applies to all credit card payments. There is no charge for debit card payments.