Apply for a travel pass

  1. Apply for a travel pass
  2. Entitlement to a Disabled Persons Pass (You are here)
  3. Apply for a Disabled Persons Pass
  4. Free travel for carers

Entitlement to a Disabled Persons Pass

To apply for a Disabled Person's Pass, you will first need to get a letter of entitlement from the Council.

You will automatically qualify for a pass if you:

  • Have been awarded the high rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
  • Have been awarded the enhanced rate mobility component of Personal Independence Payment
  • Are in receipt of a war pensioner's mobility supplement
  • Are profoundly or severely deaf
  • Are without speech
  • Are blind or partially sighted
  • Have certain forms of learning disability
  • Be a Blue Car Badge Holder

In this case, simply bring your most recent evidence of your qualifying circumstances to your nearest Neighbourhood Hub and we will give you a letter of entitlement.

Expiry Dates

If your application is successful most passes are issued for five years. For example, if your Department of Work and Pensions letter states you get higher rate mobility component of disability living allowance for four months, your pass will be issued for four months. You would then have to reapply if you're still eligible.

Find a Neighbourhood Hub

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Previous page Next page