- See priority gritting routes (You are here)
- Follow gritting updates
- Community and footway gritting
- Help to clear snow and ice
- Find a grit bin near you
- Apply for a grit bin in your community
- Report an empty or damaged grit bin
- Find out more about gritting
See priority gritting routes
We have ten priority routes which cover major roads. These roads lead to fire stations/hospitals and cover bus routes.
These routes get treated before a forecast of ice or snow. This takes approximately three hours to complete.
We also prioritise requests from the emergency services. For example, where a patient needs transporting for life-saving treatment.
When we expect settling snow, we also fit ploughs to winter maintenance vehicles. Once traffic is flowing on our priority routes, we will then continue across the borough.