Stay safe in the countryside
The countryside isn't just a playground. The Countryside Code helps us all to respect, protect and enjoy the countryside.
Be sun smart
Enjoy the sun but be smart and protect your skin!
THINK SMART - remember the five SunSmart points.
Each one will help protect you and your family from the damage the sun can cause. In turn this will reduce your risk of skin cancer.
- Stay in the shade 11am - 3pm;
- Make sure you never burn;
- Always cover up;
- Remember to take extra care with children;
- Then use factor 15+ (or higher) sunscreen.
For more details visit SunSmart.
Stay safe in the pool
We want to encourage water safety so that children, adults and families can use Rotherham's swimming facilities in safety and enjoy the exercise and social benefits that swimming brings.
Safe activity provision
Guidance for parents and guardians - please check with your activity provider to ensure the following are in place:
- Coaches and leaders are checked by the Criminal Records Bureau(CRB);
- All lead coaches are suitably qualified;
- Each session has a qualified first aider available;
- The session leader has details of your child's medical conditions or disabilities before the session starts.
Make sure you are clear about the following:
- Pick up and drop off time;
- What your child needs to bring to the session, such as a healthy packed lunch, drinks and suitable clothing.