See our Local Flood Risk Management Strategy
- See our Local Flood Risk Management Strategy
- How will the strategy affect the environment (You are here)
How will the strategy affect the environment
We commissioned a Strategic Environmental Assessment to assess the environmental impact of the strategy. The assessment report considers in detail the potential impacts on many areas. There is a non technical report which explains the assessment in less technical terms.
The assessment describes:
- How the assessment was conducted and how it informs the strategy
- The strategy's likely significant effects on people, communities, the economy and the environment
- How the assessment will continue to inform the implementation of the strategy
The assessment was guided by a scoping report. This contains preliminary information about the the natural and socio-economic environment.
The scoping report describes:
- The current environmental baseline for the study area
- How this baseline would evolve in the future without the strategy
- The key issues for the strategy
- The proposed scope and approach for the assessment