Information for taxi drivers and operators

  1. Get a taxi camera fitted
  2. Arrange to get a qualification (You are here)
  3. See the taxi and private hire licensing policy

Arrange to get a qualification

To be suitable for a license, you will need to gain a BTEC qualification (or equivalent) - more detail is given in section 5.8 of our Taxi and Private Hire policy.

View the Policy

To meet our requirements, a qualification must be awarded by a reputable training provider. We have assessed the training providers listed below, and will accept qualifications issued by them.

The training providers that have been assessed by the Council are:

Rotherham College
Tel: 08000 890909
Email Rotherham College

The Sheffield College
Tel: 0114 2602448
Visit the Sheffield College website

Skills UK
Tel: 01623 499200
Visit the Skills UK website

Prices and payment terms vary, depending on the system purchased. Applicants should make enquiries with several suppliers before enrolling on a course.

You may choose to obtain a qualification from an alternative provider if you wish. Please check with the Council beforehand to ensure we accept qualifications issued by your chosen provider.

Contact Licensing

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Previous page Next page