To enable the refresh we need to carry out some maintenance, there will be a period of downtime from 11.00am March 11, when you will not be able to access the site, this should be less than 1 hour
How do I apply for a free Rothercard?
You will need to complete the application form in our downloads section and return it to us. Alternatively you can get a form from any one of our issuing offices.For us to process your card you will need to bring with you:
- a recent passport size photograph of yourself and each member of your family. We will accept family photographs or your previous Rothercard photograph if it is a good likeness.
Staff will need to see proof of your income so please bring with you one of the following:
- a recently dated benefit letter
- your payment (rent) card showing council tax or housing benefit
- your payslip
- a bank statement
- a HC2/3 certificate
- proof of child benefit for dependant child(ren)
- a letter about your training placement
- a letter from your school or college if you are aged 16-19 in full time education (your parents must still receive child benefit for you)
- if you are over 60 proof of pension, bus pass, driving licence or birth certificate and proof of address
- an official letter supplied by the foster carer or residential worker naming the young person in their care
- for refugees/asylum seekers a HC2/3 certificate will be accepted at any issuing point. Immigration documents can only be accepted as proof if taken to the Rothercard office.
A Rothercard is valid for one year or until the cardholder is no longer eligible. Proof of income/status must be shown each time you renew your card. Rothercards issued to over 60's are valid for 5 years. You do not need to show proof of age again if you renew a Rothercard by post.
Contact any of the issuing points or phone the Rothercard Helpline, as detailed on the left hand side of this page, for any further information.