- Direct payments for care services
- How direct payments must be used
- How we assess your needs (You are here)
- Your responsibilities
- If you employ assistants
- Get help with managing direct payments
- Get help with paying assistants
How we assess your needs
Our staff will meet with you and your carers to talk about what help you may need.
Other professionals, such as nurses or occupational therapists, may be involved in the discussion too. A community care assessment will also be carried out, if required.
We take into account a government document called National Care Act Eligibility Criteria when we decide who is eligible to receive services.
Children's services have a separate system for deciding who is eligible.
To get direct payments you will need to request an assessment to determine whether you are eligible.