- Direct payments for care services
- How direct payments must be used
- How we assess your needs
- Your responsibilities
- If you employ assistants (You are here)
- Get help with managing direct payments
- Get help with paying assistants
If you employ assistants
When you are setting up your own services, you are expected to make back-up plans for times when one or more of your staff are away, such as if they are off sick or go on holiday.
If you are using an agency they should provide you with alternative staff.
If your plans break down, you can ask social services to provide or arrange your care instead.
For further information about direct payments or to find out your eligibility please make an enquiry.