Have your say on the future of Council Tax Support in Rotherham
- Have your say on the future of Council Tax Support in Rotherham
- What is the current Council Tax Support scheme
- Why is the Council considering changes (You are here)
- Options on changing the current Local Council Tax Support Scheme
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How can you give us your views?
Why is the Council considering changes
We have maintained our current Council Tax Support Scheme unchanged since 2013 whilst many other authorities have reviewed the support that they offer working age claimants.
In the current financial climate, we believe that we need to consider options to change our Council Tax Support Scheme by reducing the amount of support offered to working age claimants (the scheme for pension age residents is set by Central Government and is not affected).
No decision has yet been made, and it is therefore important that you give us your views in this consultation.
This is a complex issue. Any decision affects more than this scheme. We would like you therefore to read the full background information here before giving your opinion.