Have your say on the future of Council Tax Support in Rotherham
- Have your say on the future of Council Tax Support in Rotherham
- What is the current Council Tax Support scheme
- Why is the Council considering changes
- Options on changing the current Local Council Tax Support Scheme (You are here)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How can you give us your views?
Options on changing the current Local Council Tax Support Scheme
There are eight options that we are considering in terms of changing Rotherham’s Council Tax Support Scheme for working age residents for 2018/19. We may consider changes based on one or more than one option. More details of each option are available here:
Make no change to the current Council Tax Support scheme. This could mean that cuts may have to be made to different services or charges for other services increased.
Continue to provide support for care leavers by incorporating this into the Council Tax Support scheme
Reducing the maximum level of Council Tax support from the current 91.5 per cent
Changing non-dependent deductions
Restricting Council Tax Support to a lower banded property charge
Introducing a minimum Council Tax Support amount
Increasing the taper level that Council Tax Support is withdrawn at
Administration changes for those on Universal Credit
You can also offer different suggestions on how we can look at reducing our spending on Council Tax Support.