Have your say on the proposed changes to your bin collections
- Have your say on the proposed changes to your bin collections
- Replacing your blue bag and blue box (You are here)
- New general waste bin
- Garden waste
- Further information
- Drop-in sessions
- Have your say on the proposed changes
- What happens next?
Replacing your blue bag and blue box
We currently use a mix of bins, boxes and bags to collect your waste. Boxes and bags are difficult for our refuse staff to handle and are unpopular with residents, particularly as litter gets blown about.
One of the changes we are considering is replacing the existing blue bag and blue box with wheeled bins to make recycling of paper, glass and cans easier.
- Replacing your 60-litre blue bag with your existing 240-litre green bin to recycle paper and cardboard
- Replacing your 55 litre blue boxes with your existing 240-litre black bin to recycle glass and cans.
The wheeled bins can hold around four times more recycling than the blue bag and boxes.
These recyclables will be collected monthly rather than fortnightly.