Have your say about changes to Orgreave Parish
- Have your say about changes to Orgreave Parish
- Why carry out a Community Governance Review (You are here)
- What is the scope of the review
- Have your say
- What happens next
Why carry out a Community Governance Review
A Community Governance Review provides an opportunity for the Borough Council to review and make changes to community governance in our area.
A Community Governance Review is a review of the whole or part of the District to consider one or more of the following:
- Creating, merging, altering or abolishing Parishes
- The naming of Parishes and the style of new Parishes
- The electoral arrangements for Parishes (the ordinary year of election, Council size, the number of Councillors to be elected to Council and Parish Warding)
- Grouping Parishes under a common Parish Council or de-grouping Parishes
The Government has emphasised that recommendations arising from Community Governance Reviews ought to bring about improved community engagement, more cohesive communities, better local democracy and result in more effective and convenient delivery of local services.