Have your say on the future of Cherry Tree House and Silverwood Children's Residential Care Homes
- The proposals for Cherry Tree House and Silverwood (You are here)
- What will happen to residents
- Why we are reviewing the way we deliver the service
- Have your say on Cherry Tree House and Silverwood
- What happens next
The proposals for Cherry Tree House and Silverwood
As part of the children-centred borough vision, the Council has reviewed its children's homes. The aim of this was to find out if they are fit for purpose.
On Monday 6 June, Cabinet and Commissioners considered proposals to close two children's homes.
- Silverwood - which provides long term care for youngsters with emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Cherry Tree House – which provides long term care for children with disabilities
Although not deemed unsafe. They felt the two homes did not provide the best possible homes for young people, and are now considering closing them.