Have your say on children's centre closures
- Why are we consulting?
- What are the proposed changes to Sure Start Children's Centres? (You are here)
- Proposed Children's Centre buildings to remain open
- Proposed Children's Centre buildings to close/alternative usage options
- What difference will these changes make?
- Who are we consulting?
- Public consultation events
- How you can get involved in the consultation
- What happens next?
What are the proposed changes to Sure Start Children's Centres?
The proposal is to close thirteen registered children's centre buildings with a reduction to nine buildings across the borough.
These nine buildings would then be clustered to form seven registered children's centres across the borough resulting in an increased size of reach areas. These seven centres will deliver outreach services to other local communities.
A Foundation Years' Service will be created across health, social care and education to provide a joint approach to targeting those families in greatest need whilst ensuring access to universal services for all families.