Employing School Age Children
Chaperone Regulations and Information
A chaperone is a person who acts in the place of parents.
To apply for a Chaperone Licence please complete and return the form at the bottom of this page. Due to various checks which have to be made it can take up to 12 weeks to issue a licence.
- A chaperone's first priority is always the child.
- A chaperone is the person the child looks to for guidance, protection, clarification and support. If you think regulations are not being followed please contact us.
- Negotiate with the production company 'on site' and say 'no' when what is being requested of the child is contrary or detrimental to either the child's health, well being and/or education e.g. working too many hours.
- Not to let the child perform if unwell.
- Keep a note of important contracts e.g. the local authority in whose area the child is performing, the child's agent and the child's parent / legal guardian.
- The maximum number of children chaperones are allowed to have in their care at any one time is 12. We recommend 8 children to be the maximum in most cases.
- Complete activity logs for the production company.
How to apply
Download the Chaperone Application Form
Chaperone application form with 2 passport sized photograph (print name on back please).
- Criminal Records Bureau enhanced disclosure application form. Please contact us for a copy.
Once all the checks have been satisfactory completed a Chaperone Licence, together with Chaperone Guidelines, will be issued. The licence is a laminated ID card with photograph. Licences are valid for 3 years.
- Professional, £56.00 per applicant, cheques payable to Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
- Volunteer, no charge.
Completed disclosure application form, Sections A, C, D & H ONLY. Section H, two boxes must be signed. Section B & X to be completed by Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council only. CRB will not accept any crossing out or tippex and it is important that use BLACK INK. If you make a mistake a new form will need to be completed. This form is not downloadable please email/phone giving name and address. We will post out to you.
Please make an appointment, bringing all the above documentation with you - 01709 822335