Private Hire Drivers
Any person who would like to drive a licensed private hire vehicle is required to have a license.
The applicant for the licence must satisfy the following criteria:
- is a fit and proper person to hold a licence
- is medically fit (under the Group 2 Medical requirements)
- has held a full driver's licence (not a provisional licence) granted to the applicant under Part III of the Road Traffic Act 1972 authorising him/her to drive a motor car for at least 3 years prior to the date of the application
- must pass an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check to ensure safety to the public
- have a good working knowledge of the whole borough of Rotherham and pass the "knowledge test"
Once you have completed the application forms you will have to return them in person to the Licensing office. You will also have to bringing with you the following documents (posted applications can not currently be accepted):
- the fully completed application forms
- both parts of your DVLA Driving Licence (original - not a photocopy) showing your current address and with your correct full name and date of birth.
- your passport or birth certificate
- A colour passport type photographs taken within the last month
- the current fees
Applications will not be accepted without production of the above. For further deatils contact the Licensing section.
Tel: 01709 823163; 01709 823173
Maltby Leisure & Service Centre
Last Update: 24/02/2012