Rotherham’s regeneration team nominated for three awardsPublished Friday, 6th November 2015
The Rotherham Investment and Development Office (RiDO) has been short-listed for three national awards recognising its commitment to supporting local businesses.
The awards are presented by the National Enterprise Network (NEN) and recognise organisations that are delivering outstanding support to businesses in their areas. The winners will be announced at the NEN conference on Friday 27 November.
RiDO, the business growth arm of Rotherham Council, has been shortlisted in the following categories:
- Local Enterprise Agency of the Year
- Future of Enterprise Support Award
- Enterprise Coach/Mentor of the Year for Martyn Benson
RiDO provides free and professional advice to anyone looking to start a business in Rotherham, as well as supporting existing businesses with everything from finding the right premises, planning advice and guidance, finding and training recruits to locating new customers and suppliers.
Its achievements to date include:
- Regeneration of Rotherham High Street including attracting financial support for the Portas Pilot
- Supporting business growth and the creation of over 10,000 jobs in the Manvers and Orgreave areas including the development of the Advanced Manufacturing Park
- The development of four award-winning and internationally accredited business centres to encourage and support the growth of new businesses in the area and help them to develop their export trade
- Providing training opportunities for people looking to set up a business and ensuring they have the support needed to help them succeed – with, for example, 35 new small businesses and 52 jobs created in the 18 months of the Get Ready for Business project.
Advisory Cabinet Member for Housing and the Local Economy, Cllr Denise Lelliott,said: “The RiDO team are working hard to help bring businesses and jobs into the borough and I am delighted that their hard work has been recognised in this way.
“I would encourage anyone considering starting up or in business in the area that needs help to contact RiDO and take advantage of the support they provide.”