About the Board
What is the Rotherham Local Safeguarding Children Board (RLSCB)?
The Children Act 2004 requires Children's Services Authorities to establish Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCBs) involving key local partners.
Which agencies are on the Board and who are their representatives?
The current Board has representatives from:
- Independent Chair - Steve Ashley
- Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (RMBC) including:
- Integrated Youth Service
- Neighbourhoods and Adult Services
- South Yorkshire Police (Manager of Public Protection Unit)
- NHS Rotherham
- Rotherham Community Health Services
- Rotherham NHS Hospital Foundation Trust
- Rotherham, Doncaster & South Humber Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- South Yorkshire Probation Trust
- Children and Family Court Advisory Support Service (CAFCASS)
- Rotherham Schools
- The Voluntary and Community Sector
- Lay representatives
- National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC)
Responsibilities and Sub Groups
The RLSCB works through a structure of sub groups that ensure staff in agencies have procedures and good quality training. The board also undertakes serious case reviews where there is a need for professionals to examine situations of abuse or neglect that have resulted in the death or serious to a child or young person. It also ensures that relevant policies and procedures are up-to-date and helps co-ordinate training for staff in different agencies. You can view a copy of the Terms of Reference for each of the subgroups by viewing our Annual Report.
The functions, role and responsibilities of the RLSCB are set out in 'Working Together to Safeguard Children"
Information on Ofsted reports relating to services in Rotherham can be found on the Ofsted website