The new arrangements the Council and the CCG have put in place with care companies put you at the centre of everything they do.
- Ensuring you have a small team of care workers, who are well-trained and understand your needs
- Agreeing what is most important to you when deciding how to provide your care and support
- Being flexible and responding to temporary changes in your needs for example if you are ill and need extra support for a short time
- Working with other health professionals to ensure your care and support is co-ordinated and you have access to all the services you need to keep you as healthy and independent as possible
- Understanding what’s happening in your community and helping you to remain part of it, if you want to be