Discretionary Additional Restrictions Grant
The South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority (SYMCA) has received a further allocation of discretionary business grant support (Additional Restrictions Grant, or ARG).
The use of this funding is defined by the SYMCA and member authorities, in line with the broad government criteria.
Closing date for all applications is Friday 18 March. No claims will be considered after this date.
Scheme 1: Non Rate Paying Hospitality, Leisure and Accommodation Businesses
Some of this funding will be used to support those businesses in the Hospitality, Leisure and Accommodation sectors who do not pay rates for their business premises but have suffered financial losses due to the Omicron variant. The same eligibility criteria will apply as for the national Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant (see previous page).
Non rate paying businesses will need to supply evidence of their premises costs, such as a valid tenancy agreement or rent agreement. Please ensure that this is attached to your application.
Scheme 2: Omicron Travel Grant
This is a one-off grant to support businesses in the international travel and UK Travel sector that can demonstrate trade has been severely impacted by international travel restrictions and/or the Omicron variant.
The amount of grant will be based on the value of fixed property costs (rates/rent or mortgage) at a commercial premise or a home based business, as below:
|Rent or other fixed property cost||Home based||£1 to £15,000||£15,001 to £50,999||Over £51,000|
Who can apply
Travel Agents and Tour Operators whose main service (more than 50%) is to facilitate travel to overseas countries that have been included on the Governments Amber/Red List including mainstream tourist destinations with Europe, USA, Mexico and the Caribbean
Coach Operators who provide day trips and longer to passengers beyond South Yorkshire on a regular basis
- Businesses must be able to evidence trading as at 30 December 2021, along with membership of at least one relevant Trade Association/Consortia
- Demonstration of a significant loss of income/trade because of travel restrictions and/or the Omicron variant
- Must be trading on 30 December 2021
- Must have fixed commercial property costs – identified by RV or Rent (or mortgage payments) or work from home and incur business related costs
- The property must be in Rotherham
- Must be occupying and trading from the premises
- Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking off notice has been made.
- Businesses whose primary function is to facilitate tourism and travel within the UK.