Arrange a marriage or civil partnership

If you are divorced or widowed

If you or your partner has been married or in a civil partnership before, you must provide:

  • A decree absolute of divorce, granted by a court in England or Wales
  • Documents confirming dissolution of civil partnership, granted by a court in England or Wales
  • The death certificate of the former spouse or civil partner
  • If you have changed your name you may need to produce documents to link the current name you are using to the name shown on your decree absolute or former spouse or civil partner’s death certificate. This will usually be your previous marriage or civil partnership certificate or a deed poll certificate.

Please contact us if your divorce or dissolution took place outside England or Wales at [email protected]