Arrange a marriage or civil partnership

If one of you is subject to immigration control

Different requirements apply to marriages and civil partnerships if you or your partner are:

  • Not a national of a European Economic Area country or Switzerland
  • Subject to immigration control

You can only give notice of marriage or civil partnership at a designated register office.

See the rules for foreign nationals