- Early Help
- Who are you
- A service recently formed from the Integrated Youth Support Service (including Youth Start and LGBT), Youth Offending, Family Support Services, Education Welfare, Children’s Centres and Families for Change
We work with children, young people and families who need some support before problems get worse. If you feel you would benefit from support we can help with the following:
- giving children the best start in life
- advising on places to go and things to do for teenagers and young people
- supporting families when needed. Our staff will work with you to find a solution to your family’s needs, whatever they may be.
See our websites for the full range of services which are based around: -
- health, development and wellbeing e.g. substance abuse, mental health, domestic and sexual abuse
- support for families e.g. childcare, parenting, risky behaviour,
- activities and groups e.g. youth groups, voice and influence groups
- advice and support e.g. crime and offending, bereavement and loss, practical advice
- education and learning e.g. missing from school, NEET/EET, early years
- support for young people e.g. targeted youth support, jobs and training advice, relationships and sexual health advice, staying safe
- Where and how accessed
Self-referral and professional referral.
You can find your early help team in children’s centres, youth centres, schools or through your GP, health visitor and school nurse.
- Service type
Universal, vulnerable, complex
- Opening times
- Weekdays - 9am to 5pm. Evening youth groups.
- Find out more